Osprey CE17F AlSi alloy
Osprey® CE13F is an Aluminium Silicon (AlSi) Alloy with controlled thermal expansion and high specific stiffness. It is used in applications where low weight, high stiffness or controlled thermal expansion (CTE) is required.
Examples include space optics applications where Osprey® CE13F is a close CTE match to electroless nickel which is used for optical surfaces. Osprey® CE13F is also widely used for semi-conductor pick and place applications where high specific stiffness improves speed and accuracy.
Characteristics of Osprey® CE13F AlSi alloy
- Offers improved CTE matching to electronic circuit boards when compared to aluminium or copper
- In some use cases, a reliable carrier for most ceramic substrates and device materials, including alumina and GaAs
- One third the weight of Copper
- Weldable, machinable and plateable
- Lower cost to machine than Osprey® alloys CE11F, CE9F, CE7F or CE6F