Components made from Osprey® CE (controlled expansion) alloys improve product performance and reliability in many areas. Typical applications are stiff structural products, thermal management products and wafers.
Stiff structural products in, for example, optical systems, electronics assembly and semiconductor processing equipment. Examples are:
- Bearing housings for radar systems
- Lens holders for optical systems
- Silicon (Si) wafer chucks, discs, platens and other semiconductor processing equipment
- Wire bonders and other products for use in rapid moving equipment
Wafers up to 12” diameter supplied as lapped, polished or polished and metallized wafers, expansion matched to compound semiconductor materials.
Our alloy wafers are used for:
- Medium and high brightness LED
- Photovoltaic cells
Alloys chosen are typically Osprey® CE6F and CE7F, and these are used to replace sapphire – GaAs.
Advantages of Osprey® CE6F controlled expansion alloy
- CTE matching of compound semiconductor materials
- Superior thermal and electrical properties
- Enhanced reliability
- Low cost
Thermal management products
Thermal management and electronic packaging components in application areas, such as, aerospace, space and telecommunications. Examples are:
Hermetic housings and packages (microwave - RF)
- Amplifier housings
- Housings for radar circuitry
- Hybrid electronics packages
- Transmit-receive modules